Times Read: 970
Natural Remedies To Cure Diabetes At Home
(1) A quick check list to manage blood sugar levels
- Check blood sugar levels periodically
- Check weight periodically and maintain ideal body weight
(2) Natural home remedy for diabetes using bitter gourds (करेला)
- Remove the skin and seeds of 4-5 bitter gourds
- Crush them to a make a paste
- Press this paste on a sieve an extract the juice
- Drink this juice on an empty stomach every morning
(3) Drink water and stay hydrated
- Drinking enough water may help you keep your blood sugar levels within healthy limits.In addition to preventing dehydration, it helps your kidneys flush out the excess blood sugar through urine.One observational study showed that those who drank more water had a lower risk of developing high blood sugar levels.Drinking water regularly re-hydrates the blood, lowers blood sugar levels and reduces diabetes risk.
- Keep in mind that water and other non-caloric beverages are best. Sugar-sweetened drinks raise blood glucose, drive weight gain and increase diabetes risk.
(4) Control stress levels
- Stress can affect your blood sugar levels.Hormones such as glucagon and cortisol are secreted during stress. These hormones cause blood sugar levels to go up.One study showed that exercise, relaxation and meditation significantly reduced stress and lowered blood sugar levels for students.
- Exercises and relaxation methods like yoga and mindfulness-based stress reduction can also correct insulin secretion problems in chronic diabetes.Controlling stress levels through exercise or relaxation methods such as yoga will help you control blood sugars.
(5) Control your carbohydrates intake
- Your body breaks carbohydrates down into sugars (mostly glucose), and then insulin moves the sugars into cells.When you eat too many carbs or have problems with insulin function, this process fails and blood glucose levels rise.However, there are several things you can do about this.
- Many studies also show that a low-carb diet helps reduce blood sugar levels and prevent blood sugar spikes.What’s more, a low-carb diet can help control blood sugar levels in the long run. Carbs are broken down into glucose, which raises blood sugar levels. Reducing carbohydrate intake can help with blood sugar control.